Products → Carrots
- The carrot is a root vegetable, usually orange in colour, though purple, black, red, white, and yellow cultivars exist. Carrots are a domesticated form of the wild carrot, Daucus carota, native to Europe and Southwestern Asia.
- The carrot is a root vegetable often claimed to be the perfect health food. It is crunchy, tasty, and highly nutritious. Carrots are a particularly good source of beta carotene, fiber, vitamin K1, potassium, and antioxidants.
- Heart-healthy: High blood cholesterol is a well-known risk factor for heart disease. Intake of carrots has been linked to lower cholesterol levels.
- Delicious and nutritious: As a low-calorie food, carrots can increase fullness and decrease calorie intake in subsequent meals. For this reason, they may be a useful addition to an effective weight loss diet.
- Seeing is believing: Individuals with low vitamin A levels are more likely to experience night blindness, a condition that may diminish by eating carrots or other foods rich in vitamin A or carotenoids. Carotenoids may also cut your risk of age-related macular degeneration.