Products → Culantro
- Culantro grows similar to lettuce, with leaves around a central resette.
- Culantro is a member Apiaceae family, which includes carrots, calery, parsley, and parsnip.
- Culantro is used as both a culinary and medicinal herb. Culantro is native to the tropical areas of the Americas and the West Indies, unlike cilantro that originated in the Mediterranean and was introduced to the Americas after European colonization.
- The leaves are used for curing flu, diabetes, constipation and fevers.
- Culantro is used in traditional medicines for fevers and chills, vomiting, diarrhea, colds, pneumonia, flu, diabetes, constipation, malaria fever and convulsions in children.
- Culantro can help with asthma, it lowers the blood pressure, and it helps with epileptic seizures. It has a calming effect and it soothes away the seizures.