Products → Dragon Fruit
- Dragon fruit grows on the Hylocereus cactus, also called Honolulu Queen, whose flowers only open at night. It’s native to Mexico and Central America.
- Dragon fruit flesh is mildly sweet and juicy, tasting like a cross between a kiwi and a pear. The flesh can be translucent white, hot pink, or deep purple, and contains tiny, crunchy, black seeds.
- Fun fact: Dragon fruit is actually a member of the cactus family! But don’t worry – we remove the thorns before we bring the fruit to you!
- Delicious and nutritious: Dragon fruit is naturally low in calories and rich in antioxidants. Its seeds are rich in lipids, and the fruit is also a source of Vitamin C and calcium.
- Diabetes fighter: Both red and white varieties of dragon fruit have shown a reduction in insulin resistance and fatty liver in obese mice because of its fiber and antioxidant content.
- Good gut feelings: Dragon fruit may improve metabolic health. Dragon fruit contains prebiotic fiber that promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria in your gut.