Products → Garlic
- Garlic is a species in the onion family. The use of garlic has been documented for thousands of years – including the ancient Egyptians, who used it both as a food seasoning and a traditional medicine. Today, it is grown around the world and used extensively for its pungent flavor. Other commonly enjoyed foods that belong to this Allium genus are leeks, chives, scallions, and shallots.
- Garlic is arranged in a head, called a “bulb”, which averages about 2 inches in height and diameter and consists of numerous small separate cloves. also, that’s the most part as we can see in the supermarket.
- Cloves may be consumed raw or cooked, and they may also be used for medicinal purposes. Garlic cloves have a strong, spicy flavour and aroma that mellows and sweetens considerably with cooking.
- Today, garlic production in China supplies the world. China is the leading nation, providing 80% of the world's supply of garlic.
- High Nutritious But Few Calories: Garlic is low in calories and rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6 and manganese. It also contains trace amounts of various other nutrients.
- The Active Compounds in Garlic Can Reduce Blood Pressure: Research has found that garlic products have a significant impact on reducing blood pressure in people with high blood pressure.
- Garlic May Help You Live Longer: Garlic has known beneficial effects on common causes of chronic disease, so it makes sense that it could also help you live longer.
We provide garlic from Turkey in Loblaws stores.
We provide premium quality garlic from China in Loblaws stores.