Products → Ginger
- Ginger is one of the world’s oldest and most beloved spices. Ships used to travel for months from Europe to South Asia just to bring back this precious and fragrant spice.
- Ginger is used to flavour many dishes, from hot, fragrant soups to delicious smoothies. As the name suggests, ginger ale gets its distinctive crisp, clean taste from ginger.
- Raw ginger is composed of 79% water, 18% carbohydrates, 2% protein, and 1% fat. Raw ginger supplies 80 Cal and includes moderate amounts of Vitamin B6, and the dietary minerals magnesium and manganese. A ginger root is referred to as a rhizome.
- Good gut feeling: The phenolic compounds in ginger are known to help relieve gastrointestinal (GI) irritation, simulate saliva and bile production, and suppress gastric contractions as food and fluids move through the GI tract.
- Cold and flu relief: During cold weather, drinking ginger tea can keep the body warm. To make ginger tea, steep 20 to 40g of fresh ginger in a cup of hot water with some honey. It promotes sweating, working to warm the body from within.
- Heart-healthy: Ginger can reduce cholesterol, lowering the risk of blood clotting, and helping to maintain healthy blood sugar levels. Many people use ginger as a part of their full regimen to treat diabetes or heart disease.