Products → Jalapeno Pepper
- The jalapeno is a medium-sized chili pepper pod type cultivar of the species Capsicum annuum.
- Once picked, individual peppers may turn red on their own. The peppers can be eaten green or red.
- Compared to other chilies, the jalapeno heat level varies from mild to hot depending on cultivation and preparation and can measure from a few thousand to over 10,000 Scoville heat units.
- Hot and healthy: Research suggests that jalapenos may promote weight loss by boosting metabolism, increasing fat burn and reducing appetite.
- Ulcer prevention: While it is commonly believed that spicy foods can aggravate stomach ulcers, research suggests that capsaicin may protect the stomach from ulcers.
- Infection fighter: Jalapenos and other spicy chilies contain compounds that can prevent the growth of harmful bacteria and yeasts that cause infectious diseases.